The eight-year old courtship between Chelsea and Didier Drogba has finally been terminated. The ex Chelsea striker has joined Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua after penning a two and a half contract.

The 34 year-old reveals,
"I considered all the offers I have received in the past few weeks, but feel Shanghai Shenhua is the right move for me at this time. I'm looking forward to a new challenge and experiencing a new culture, and am excited about developments in the Chinese Super League.
When Chelsea went to China last year, we had a great time and I met some amazing fans. I hope to help promote Chinese football around the world and further improve the links between China and Africa."


But it was good while it lasted (with Chelsea)
The Ivorian joined the Blues from Marseille in 2004 and helped the club win three Premier League titles, four FA Cups and two League Cups and recently the first ever Champions League title.


Drogba salary as at now cannot be ascertained but it would definitely exceed that of his ex teammate Nicolas Anelka.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: