Emmanuel Adebayor who was treated to a hostile reception at the Emirates yesterday has said that he harbours no hard feelings against the Arsenal fans who finds booed him before he came on for Crystal Palace.


The Togolese footballer who  scored 62 goals on 142 appearances for Arsenal between 2006 and 2009 was introduced into the game midway through the second half and was instrumental in his team's late equaliser couldn't be bothered about the reactions from supporters of his former club.

“It is not my first time coming back to play against Arsenal at the Emirates.
“You can see when I was on the bench and warming up and they were booing me I was just laughing. I cannot say I’m used to it because it is not good to get used to this kind of stuff.
“For me, at the end of the day I have to be happy about where I came from and what I have become today – I have to forget about all the haters.

He continued, “All the Arsenal fans boo me and when I look back, I understand where everything went wrong, but there are certain things in life you cannot come back to anymore.
“But at the end of the day, it is funny, the weather was good, we were playing in London and 20 minutes from my house. I have to be happy. If I’m not happy, then something is wrong.” He said.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: