NFF President, Amaju Pinnick has come in for harsh criticism for missing the funeral of the late Super Eagles coach, Stephen Okechukwu Keshi few days ago. Even though he attended the lying-in-state ceremony which preceded the burial, a lot of Nigerians expressed disappointment at his absence at the funeral service which took place at his home town, Illah, Delta State on Friday.


Responding to criticisms on social media, Amaju said “It’s really sad the way we just use extreme languages. Right from the moment he passed, I have been actively involved greatly,” 


“I followed the motorcade from the morgue to the church in Benin. I was at the service throughout. I followed the motorcade to the stadium. I was there again throughout again.
“I did a two and half hour journey to Asaba. I did the entire programme with them. I had a private meeting with the family to reappraise plans.
“I woke the next morning unwell, threw up. On my way to Illah, I was struggling but had to reverse immediately, I got a member to leave Port Harcourt to attend which he did.
“You people should kindly find out the role I and the NFF played from his death to date.”
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

1 comments: