Arsenal v Chelsea - Premier League

Arsenal starlet, Alex Iwobi has described his team mate, Mesut Ozil’s recent comment about him flattering. The winger who has become a regular at the Emirates was compared to Edgar Davids and Jay-Jay Okocha by the Germany international, a remark which he has found surprising and motivating.

“Alex reminds me of a mixture of him (Okocha) and Edgar Davids. The manager knows exactly how good he is and I wish him all the best.” The former Real Madrid player had said

Reacting to the comment, the 19 year-old said “Mesut just tells me that I’m young and need to express myself on the pitch. Obviously I need to listen to other people’s advice as well, but he tells me to always play with a smile on my face and enjoy the game. When I saw his comments comparing me to Okocha and Edgar Davids I was like, ‘Wow is he serious?’ because he never really says that much to me.


He continued. “I’m the same kid I used to be, the same kid who used to work hard. There’s a bit of luck as well. For me to get that chance and take it like I did, I’m just fortunate and happy to have taken them. I guess it’s luck at the end of the day.”
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: