31year-old Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker after votes by fans have been named England player of the year.
This honour is coming a year that he participated in seven of England's nine games.
England's interim Manager, Stuart Pearce has handed the captaincy to the midfielder who culled 17% of the 15,000 votes cast. Joe Hart came second and Ashley Young was third. Speaking on the honour, he revealed that his Denmark (Copenhagen) game which took place about a year ago marked a turning point in his career.
"It ended up being a great game for me. From there I played a lot more games. It was a very exciting year for me internationally and I'm looking forward to more action.
"It's a proud moment every time I pull on the England shirt. It's something I've always wanted to do, whenever I was playing outside, whenever I was playing at the park with my mates it was always England you try to emulate and try to be." He affirmed.

Source: Goal.com
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: