I'm sure you are wondering what Park Jae-sang, popularly known as PSY has done. Oh yes, his song is about to hit its one billionth view but he has some scores to settle with Americans, well, those who hold grudges against him.

The 34 year-old Korean rapper had before now been a big critic of the American foreign policy. Infact, he allegedly smashed a model of an American military vehicle at a live concert after learning an American military vehicle knocked down two Korean girls.

In 2004, he released a song condemning American military who beheaded a Korean Christian missionary. The wordings of the song go thus, "Kill those fucking Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives; Kill those fucking Yankees who ordered them to torture; Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers; Kill them all slowly and painfully."

This is why he needs them to accept his apology. One of the breakthroughs his Gangnam style song gave him was an invitation to perform before President Obama in Washington D.C (soon). Now he needs to make up with (some) Americans who are still crossed with him. He's issued a statement to express his regret

"While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words.

I have been honored to perform in front of American soldiers in recent months—including an appearance on the Jay Leno show specifically for them—and I hope they and all Americans can accept my apology.

While it's important that we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so. In my music, I try to give people a release, a reason to smile. I have learned that thru music, our universal language we can all come together as a culture of humanity and I hope that you will accept my apology.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: