So veteran artiste, Daddy Showkey has been wearing dreads for the past 22 years? That's pretty long. The Galala singer has an answer for those who have been asking/ would love to see him wear a new look. Here's what he told PUNCH in a recent interview.





"I have had this dread for over 22 years. I don't have to be a reggae musician to wear dreads. Reggae is from Jamaica, galala is Nigerian. There are reggae musicians that don't have dreadlocks. My own dreadlock is a vow between me and God. I told God that if I, a nobody from Ajegunle,  become someone that the world would know, I would not cut my hair again. It is a vow that I made. Many people do it for fashion but I don't do it for fashion. God has kept his side of the vow, so it is left for me to keep my part of the vow. "
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: