Stoke City forward, Osaze Odemwingie strongly believes that the national team coach, Stephen Keshi can do without him at the forthcoming FIFA World Cup. This is coming few weeks after the Nigerian international mended bridges with the coach.

Many have suggested on various sports platforms that since the Super Eagles player who's presently in an incredible form has done the needful and tendered his apology to Keshi, he deserves to be included in the World cup team. According to them, form is more important than attitude. Chiefly, Nigeria needs players who can add value to the team and make impact in the tournament.


The father of one told BBC Sport, "I have been speaking with the coach, it's the only right thing to do. I had to be humble and make a step forward towards my senior colleagues. You can't continue to stay in that angry state of mind. Staying in that state, it's not the right thing to do. It's never helpful for anyone It was very disappointing at the time, it was hard to accept it. I had a strong feeling that it was Nigeria's time to win it. I was as frustrated as any other player. For me to hear that was very important on a human level. It's not about people, its always about the country. We're all defending the colours of our nation. Coach Keshi can do without me at the World Cup and my life will go on as well, but the most important thing is mutual respect. Now I know how he does things and how he wants things done and vice versa."
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: