Former Argentina and Valencia midfielder Pablo Aimar has announced his retirement from professional football at the age of 35. The veteran playmaker, who had been playing in his home country with River Plate, announced his plans after coach Marcelo Gallardo left him off the team's next Copa Libertadores match. Aimar had seen action for River only twice this season due to chronic ankle problems. Valencia bid him farewell via Twitter, saying: 

"One of the players most admired by Valencia fans, Pablo #Aimar, retires from football. #ThanksAimar. They told me I wasn't going to be on the list for the Copa Libertadores, and I understand," Aimar wrote in his farewell
letter to teammates. "I don't want to occupy a place that definitely should be for others.

"Because of this, I decided to stop playing professionally. I will be cheering you on from the stands. I hope that you achieve all that you deserve. One day soon I will stop by to thank you personally for the way you have all treated me."

Aimar won two La Liga titles under Rafa Benitez while with Los Che and also had seasons at Real Zaragoza and Benfica. He had been capped 52 times by Argentina and won the UEFA Cup in his time at the Mestalla.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: