Former Real Madrid player, Angel Di Maria has claimed that the Spanish club sold him to Manchester United last year to cover the signings of Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez, who cost £20m and £63m respectively. Recall that the Argentine moved to Old Trafford for a record fee of £59.7m in August 2014.

He told Guardian in a recent interview that contrary to reports that he was lured with a bigger pay package to England, the 27 year-old who later joined PSG for £44.3m said he didn't leave for the money.

"They wanted to cover the costs of the great players they had signed that summer. I didn't leave for money. I wanted to see if I could renew and they didn't want me to. They wanted to cover the costs of the great players they had signed that summer. I had to leave by the back door. It wasn't how I would have wanted." He revealed.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: