IMG_20150720_135637

Four years after her father, Rashidi Yekini's death, the eldest daughter of the iconic footballer, Yemisi Rashidi Yekini has appealed to the Federal Government to probe her father's death. The Leicester-based cinematography undergraduate made this statement while speaking to journalists in Ibadan yesterday. 
"We want to know how my father died. I asked my mom how it happened, she said she didn’t know. She said she was told that he died in a place some of his family members forcefully took him to,” The 21 year-old said.
She also disclosed plans to convert the late iconic footballer's duplex in Ibadan to a museum. 
“It is my dream to convert my father’s house where he lived till he died into a museum to keep his memory alive. I want the place to be where people can go to for information. In addition, I am planning a good testimonial match in his honour. I know Nigerians loved him and would wish he gets a proper send forth from football, even if it is a posthumous one,” She added.



Source: ThisDay
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: