Lionel Messi scored and recorded two assists as Argentina routed the United States 4-0 in the Copa America semi-final. The Barcelona forward who eclipsed ex Argentina international, Gabriel Batistuta's 54 goals is now Argentina's all-time highest goalscorer with 55 goals. Batistuta has however admitted he's a bit hurt by Messi’s new feat.
“I came to be the highest goalscorer of all time without even realising. One day I woke up and I heard I had scored more than Maradona. It wasn’t a goal I set for myself. It wasn’t an objective or an obsession, because I never cared about statistics. How could it not hurt me to see that record be broken? It is going to hurt when Messi breaks my record, but we are not talking about being beaten by any terrestrial being,” the 47-year-old stated.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: