Following the confirmation of his exit from Barcelona FC, Dani Alves has penned an emotional letter to his fans on Instagram. The right-back who joined the Spanish giants in 2008 is expected to sign a two year deal at Serie A champions Juventus.
During his 8-year spell, the 33 year-old  won 23 trophies including three Champions League winners medals and six La Ligas. Read his goodbye letter below.


"In one month it will be eight years since my arrival at FC Barcelona. In July 2008, I joined this club and I took the kit in which I have lived the most important accomplishments of my career. From day one, from the first training under the orders of Pep Guardiola, until the last of this last season, I have had the fortune to passionately enjoy my football.
“I have dozens, hundreds, of images recorded in my mind of moments shared with you at the Camp Nou and on the streets of Barcelona… many goal celebrations, and happiness at winning titles. I am a privileged, honoured worker and footballer, whom life has allowed me to wear the shirt of the best club in the world in a prodigious decade for the quality of its players and coaches. “
I could mention one by one all the extraordinary people with whom I have had the pleasure of overcoming challenges and difficulties in the many ways that have been presented throughout this time, but I prefer to give them a set thanks, because in the Barcelona locker room there is no room for individuality: We all win, we all lose. And we work together. And pulling the ship, presidents, ‘misters’ (managers) coaching staff, club workers … all of them thank you very much because they have always rewarded my efforts with their trust and support.
“With this letter I just wanted to let you know that I made the decision to seek a new challenge in my career, because you have to know when the finish each stage at the correct time. And my point is this. I go, but I will return, because I’m a culé more. Thanks for making me feel loved.”
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: