Brazilian football legend, Pele's  special replica World Cup trophy presented has been sold for £395,000 ($570,000) at an auction of his personal memorabilia in London yesterday.


"Having donated a significant portion of my collection to the city of Santos, I have decided to allow fans and collectors to own a piece of my history as well. " 


"I hope they treasure these artefacts and share my story with their children and generations to come. I will also be donating a portion of the proceeds from the auction to Pequeno Principe, the largest paediatric hospital in Brazil." The 75-year-old said before the event. 


Two of his World Cup winners medals he got in 1958 and 1962 respectively were sold for £340,000. However, the Jules Rimet trophy is expected to fetch between £281,000 to £450,000.
The pair of football boots he wore in the film Escape To Victory were sold for £8000.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: