I woke up to a sad and unfortunate news today. Nigerian Athletes have resorted to gofundme to crowdsource funding to go and represent Nigeria at the Olympics. Adopting the hashtag #helpnigerianathletes, the athletes have taken to their social media platforms to beg for funds to attend the sporting event.
"Just so everyone knows we all got that message saying we should get our own tickets to Rio!  #helpnigerianathletes" Seye Ogunlewe, Nigeria 100m Champion wrote on Twitter.
Regina George, another athlete added, "To all my family friends and fans thanks for being here for me through the good times and bad times. This year it's been hard financially for me but it wouldn't have been possible without your support. I just been told that we will have to pay our own way to the Olympics this year . Sadly this is such short notice for me to come up with the money. They also promised a refund but I'm still waiting for many refunds promised in the past. I been through a lot of obstacles this year and through it all I made my SECOND Olympic team. I don't want to stop now after I earned a spot to represent my country in the Olympics. Any donation will help my situation. This will not go unnoticed and I'm truly grateful for my supporters.

Help spread the word!"


Nikki Okwelogu's link : https://www.gofundme.com/2fxr42s
Regina George's link : https://www.gofundme.com/2fujh98?rcid=d78c4774502f11e6bb61bc764e065f4f
Chierika Coco's link : https://www.gofundme.com/xe2a5b34
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: