Atletico Madrid star, Fernando Torres has claimed he was portrayed as a traitor by former club, Liverpool FC following his £50m move from Liverpool to Chelsea in 2011.

The Spanish international opned the lid in a new book by Simon Hughes entitled “Ring of Fire: Liverpool FC into the 21st Century – the players’ stories”. He was shocked had asked if he was going to be sold but the club's managing director, Christian Purslow assured that players would remain at the club for Liverpool's value to remain high ahead of a possible takeover. 
“Comolli told me that the new owners (FSG), they had an idea of how to spend their investment, They wanted to bring in young players, to build something new. I was thinking to myself, this takes time to work. It takes two, three, four, maybe even 10 years.
“I didn’t have that time. I was 27 years old. I did not have time to wait. I wanted to win. Here we are five years later and they are still trying to build – around the same position in the league as when I left.”
“It was presented as if I was a traitor“It was not like this in the discussion(s).
“Liverpool could not admit they were doing something wrong with the whole team. They had to find a guilty one.”
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: