Two months after quitting Argentina's national team following their loss in this summer's Copa America final, Lionel Messi has announced his return to the squad. The 29-year-old has been included in the Albiceleste's 18-man squad to face Uruguay and Venezuela in the World Cup qualifiers coming up in September. He rescinded his decision after he met the team's new coach this week. 


In a statement he released on Friday, the Barcelona playmaker said, "I see that there are a lot of problems in Argentina football and I don't want to create more. I don't want to cause harm, on the contrary, my goal was to help in any way I could."


"There are many things that need to be fixed in Argentine football. But I prefer to help from inside rather than stand on the outside and Criticize. A lot of things ran through my head on the day of the [Copa America] final. And I seriously considered leaving the team. But I love my shirt and my country too much.


"I want to thank all the fans who wanted me to keep playing for Argentina. I hope we can give them joy very soon." Messi, who is Argentina's all-time leading scorer with 55 goals in 113 said.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: