Morocco international, Marouane Chamakh is still harbouring a grudge against his former boss, Arsene Wenger. The 32 year-old forward who signed for Cardiff City earlier this week revealed that the French manager did not give him much chance to prove himself at Arsenal, adding that he showed him a lack of respect.

The former Crystal Palace player who joined the Gunners in 2010 scored a total of 8 goals in 40 appearances before leaving three years after. Chamakh revealed he counted on Wenger’s promises to him but left after the coach overlooked him.

He told RMC, "When I started, it went really well. I took advantage of Van Persie's injuries, which cleared my path. I played for six months, I scored goals, I contributed. In January, Robin came back from injury and overnight I found myself on the bench without any explanation.

"Yes, obviously I'm a little bit annoyed with [Wenger], because I think I deserved more playing time than he gave and promised me. The year passed and at the start of the next season, he told me that the tactical system would perhaps change and that I would maybe start with Robin. It was only promises. There was nothing at the end of them.

He continued, "That year, Robin was incredible, he was player of the year. I couldn't say anything, and I wasn't going to go and see Wenger and tell him that I should be playing instead. Robin was a lot better than me.

"For the ambitions I had, I think it was a little bit of a lack of respect. I had started well, and overnight he forgot about me just like that.


"He asked me to be patient, told me that Robin wouldn't play more than 10 matches in a row, that he would get injured, but it lasted the whole year. There came a time when I had to make a decision and I left the club."
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: