Chelsea striker and former Barcelona player, Samuel Eto'o has opened up on his relationship with his former boss, Pep Guardiola while at the spanish club. The Cameroonian revealed that during the 2008/2009 season, the incumbent Bayern Munich coach spoke to him on few occasions and used other players to communicate more.












"I first of all reminded Guardiola that he'd never been a great player. He was a good player, that's true. I told him. As a coach, he had proven nothing. He came in and didn't even know the story of the dressing room. Guardiola has never had the courage to say things in front of me. He passed by the players. Xavi told me they wanted me to stay but I had to talk to Pep. I say "never, if you do not respect me, I do not respect you. There were three occasions when he spoke to me that season.


One was when he wanted me to speak to Yaya Toure, who didn't want to talk to him either. Another was when he told me how to move like a striker. I told him: "You're not normal!" The true story is that Pep didn't respect the things in football.


He shook hands with me when I was at Inter and I played against Barca, but this was just for the cameras and TV. Behind the scenes before the match, he did not greet me.'
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: