Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has finally opened up on his contract renewal. According to him, he's willing to stay if he gets a good offer and better condition. "But if the offer isn't good enough for me, then I will explore other options and possibly move on to another challenge, It's always a good thing when you experience other climates,".

The former Nigerian defender continued, "My previous contract was never respected. I was paying one of my assistants (Valere Houandonou) for over a year, my former assistant Sylvanus Okpala was sacked without my consent and those things just never made sense. "I mean Nigeria is my country and I love my country, but I'm out of contract now so I have to move on.

I have spent over two years as coach of Nigeria, and Nigeria flows in my veins but I just have to move on. "If the offer comes, we will sit down and talk and if there's something concrete, then we'll see how it goes. I have several offers but it's South Africa that have been very vocal about their offer, so that's the way it is.

" I've given my heart to Nigeria, I have done it for the country for years. I played as a captain of the national team for 14years so this isn't about heart anymore. It's now about professionalism, I am a professional football coach and that is all I do. I have kids in the university that I have to feed and I can't do that by 'heart'. Doing the 'heart' thing cannot work anymore, because that isn't going to put food on my table." He concluded.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: