Togolese footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor is not impressed with French club, Lyon for pulling out of the race to sign him. The The Ligue 1 side changed their mind about getting the Arsenal forward and opted for 19-year-old Jean-Philippe Mateta Chateauroux and this really pissed the ex Tottenham striker off. The club reportedly changed their mind because of his desire to participate in the Africa Cup of Nations with Togo and his ineligibility for the Champions League.

Currently a free agent, the 39 year-old deemed their excuse ridiculous. He told L'Equipe: "They said that? That's nonsense. They came to me after we had qualified for the Africa Cup of Nations. They knew I was going to play. If they start looking for such excuses, they will kill themselves. I'm the captain of my country, so how could I not go? What if a Frenchman refused to play in the Euros?"

He continued, "I arrived on Friday morning to speak to the coach," he added. "I thought it was just a medical then to sign. The coach asked me surprising questions. He wanted to know if I was married, if I had a kid.

"I've been playing at the highest level for 15 years and I have worked with some of the best coaches in the world - Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Didier Deschamps, Roberto Mancini.
"He asked me why it didn't work at Crystal Palace. I told him that I've always played for teams aiming for the English title or a European title. It's the first time I've been in a team battling relegation and the play didn't suit me”


Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: