Don't get it wrong. This has nothing to do with Portugal's defeat yesterday. It all started during an interview with Manchester United star, Wayne Rooney on his preparations for the World Cup. He stated that unlike his former team mate Cristiano Ronaldo, he's not driven by personal glory, rather he is after team success.


''I'm not a player who needs a legacy like Cristiano, he has to have that. I'm more about winning as a team. You can see how he is. He wants his moments. It's more important for me to win trophies as a team. I've won PFA Player of the Year, which is nowhere near as good as winning a trophy with Manchester United. I've not won anything this year, so hopefully I can do that now."


Responding to his comments, the Portugal player said he's has nothing to show anyone. "Look at my statistics and my CV – I have nothing to prove. My career has been great so far and I just want that to continue. But I believe that one player is not a team. I am here to help the team. I am an additional player and I can make a difference, but I can't carry the team on my back." He added.
Axact

LoladeVille

Ololade is a passionate writer, Loyal Nigerian and Creative Director of Loladeville .

Post A Comment:

0 comments: